Points, Polygons and Polylines
- Points, polygons and polylines are paramount for flagging important findings or highlighting key areas on your map.
- Not only have we made Mappt Military’s points, polygons and polylines easy to use, we’ve also made them completely customisable.
- You have the power to change the colour and style of points, customise line styles (e.g change your blue line to green dashes), and edit the opacity of the area within a polygon.
- You can also give them attributes to store details, to make sure you know exactly why you highlighted something.
- Mappt Military gives you a personal and completely unique dataset.
- Take a photo with your Android tablet or phone and let Mappt Military pin it onto your map.
- Give your important data a far more visual element than just a marker point.
- Geotagged photos help you find specific assets again faster, for example a fallen tree, both on your map and out in the field.
- You can also assign attributes to them or move the photo around to re-write the image’s exif metadata.
Importing and Exporting Data
- Before you set out, Mappt Military allows you to quickly import corporate GIS data directly from your local file system, Google Drive or even from a web URL for offline viewing in the field.
- Once in the field, Mappt Military gives you to access to your own imagery and vector data (such as KML or Shapefiles), and the ability to export them back into your local file system – all with no need for WiFi or 4G!
- Quickly load custom satellite/aerial imagery into our mobile GIS mapping app as ECW and JP2 images.
- Load raster datasets such as thematic heat maps and hyperspectral imagery, offering you the easiest way to ground truth your analysis.
- Once you’re back online, easily export KML and Shapefiles directly back into your local file system.
- If you want to send the data elsewhere you can export it via email, or upload your map layers directly from Mappt Military onto Google Drive. Then you can publish your data to Google Maps or Google Earth, and embed this into your website.
- While working in the field it is incredibly important that you don’t disturb or trespass on any land that doesn’t belong to you, which is where Mappt Military’s geofencing feature is essential.
- If you know the areas you are unable to enter, such as heritage listed land or hazardous zones, you can easily draw them onto your map with Mappt Military’s geofencing feature.
- If you step inside a geofenced area, Mappt Military will notify you with an alarm and the event will be logged.
- If you’re working in a small area, geofencing is a more useful tool to mark out inclusion zones to make sure that you don’t step outside of your working boundary.
Drop Down Data Entry Forms
- Drop down forms are used in the attributes feature to create a list of options for you to choose from when recording information.
- For example, if you’re searching for minerals you can create a drop down form listing the minerals you want to find. Once a mineral on the list has been found, you or a team member can select it as opposed to typing the data in every time.
- Drop down data entry forms give you consistent information faster, cut down repetitive tasks and reduce human error. But best of all, they keep your workers happy!
- Create a colour coded map to convey information on a topic or theme, based on your data’s attribute values.
- Mappt Military will automatically adjust the colours of your layers to make thematic mapping quicker and easier, but if you want to choose your own colours you can change them.
- Get a greater visual overview of your data for rapid assessment.
WMS, WFS & WMTS Support
- Mappt Military is fully compatible with WMS 1.1.1 & 1.3.0, WFS 1.0, 1.1, & 2.0 and WMTS.
- Easily pull maps or their data from the web and into Mappt Military to work with.
- Control how much data you want to pull in by selecting data from a set area within these maps. This will reduce the file size, allowing Mappt Military work as quickly as possible.
Compact and Convenient
- Because Mappt Military is downloaded onto an Android tablet or phone, the light device, large screen and long lasting battery life create the perfect mobile mapping companion!
- Our empowering mobile GIS software is incredibly easy to use thanks to its user friendly interface and simple icons.
- And did we mention its also offline?
- If your Android phone has a screen size of 4.5″ or more, you can use Mappt Military on your mobile.
- We wanted to make it easier and faster for people to start using Mappt Military, so now you no longer need to own an Android tablet to use our offline mobile GIS.
- Mappt Military’s Light theme is an optional theme accessed via your settings.
- We created this theme so that you can switch the display to lighter colours, making it easier to use our offline mobile GIS in direct sunlight.
Read Only Data Sets
- Use very large KML and Shapefile data sets without saving them onto Mappt Military with our read-only formats.
- This feature turns vectors into rasters allowing you to view huge files inside Mappt Military without slowing it down.
- Perfect for those who have large but fixed data sets such as miners, geologists and surveyors.
- Overlay coordinate grids onto Mappt Military’s base maps.
- This visual aid will help you reference features and see the exact distance between areas.
- Adjust grid sizes to specific rows, sizes and cells.
- Choose from three naming conventions for the cells: row/column, UL coordinates and tile number.
- Mappt Military supports both the raster and vector forms of GeoPackage.
- Quickly and easily load GeoPackage data into Mappt Military as a layer to work with.
Search layers for features
- Quickly find features in layers with the search bar.
- Mappt Military starts looking as soon as you start typing to give you results as fast as possible.
Screenshot annotation tool
- Draw, add shapes and type text over your data.
- This handy (and fun) colourful tool is perfect for highlighting a certain marker point, polygon or geotagged photo etc.
- Send your data off via email or save it to your Mappt Military Screenshots folder.
- When you return to your map view, the annotations will be gone.
- Create and edit Points, Lines and Polygons
- Full data entry and attributes
- Import vector data (SHP, KML, KMZ, CSV and GeoJSON)
- GEOINT data sets preloaded
- Measurement tools (distance, area, etc)
- Google Maps API advanced caching
- Projection control (UTM and Lat/Long)
- Import data from local disk, email or Google Drive
- Search layers and features
- Full layer control
- Form based data entry
- GPS tracking
- Geotagged photos
- Export data to local disk, email or Google Drive
- Save and export projects
- Geofence exclusion and inclusion zones
- Screenshot annotation tool
- Thematic mapping (data classification)
- Geo-package support
- Unlimited file size ECW/JP2 imagery
- WMS/WFS & WMTS support
- ESRI compact cache bundle support
- Prioritised email support